The Web is evolving and now websites are becoming more like apps, without requiring installation from the Play Store. Have you ever received those notification pop ups when you go to certain websites, which allow for the websites to send you push notifications? We’ll these are what progressive apps are.
'Progressive Web App' simply is a term summarizing all the features allowing you to deliver mobile-like experiences. The topic is highly trending and it also is a topic which is here to stay! Not only is it strongly promoted by Google (actually a lot of talks at Google I/O 2017, Google's developer conference, were devoted to PWAs), it's also quickly being adopted by big companies like Twitter or the Washington Post.
Do you want to learn how to push your websites to the next level? Give yourself an edge over your competition, then we’ve got the course for you!
This course has been designed to help you learn how to build and optimize these kind of web apps is already an important and highly demanded skill for modern web developers, a trend which is only going to accelerate!
In detail, this course will cover everything you need to build amazing PWAs - leading to a score of 100 (out of 100) in Google's PWA auditing tool 'Lighthouse':
What you will find in this course:
- Detailed explanation about what a PWA exactly is
- How to use an app manifest to make your web app installable on device homescreens
- Using service workers to offer offline support by caching assets
- Advanced service worker usage and caching strategies
- A refresher on Promises and the Fetch API as both concepts are heavily used in PWAs
- How to improve user engagement by adding push notifications
- A way to synchronize data in the background, even if connection is lost
- How to access native device features like the camera or geolocation
- Using Workbox to make service worker management easier
- Explanations on how to turn your next SPA project into a PWA
- And so much more!
Enroll now and let’s start out journey on PWA together!