This course is project-based and covers all the main elements of games of this genre. After completing this course, you will have all the tools needed to program amazing games.
These are some of the important skills you'll be acquiring:
- Implement and customize the Unity Standard Assets First Person Controller.
- Kill enemies before running out of bullets.
- Understand collision detection.
- Save memory and CPU by implementing a reusable pool of objects.
- Survive by finding health kits and ammunition for your gun.
- Enemy path finding AI using Nav Mesh.
- Integrate external models and audio files.
- Game workflow: Main menu, resetting game, game over and victory screens.
Please note that this course assumes basic familiarity with the Unity engine and C#. It might not be suitable (for the time being!) on it's own for those with zero knowledge of Unity.
The main author of this course is Glauco Pires, game developer with experience in different engines such as Unity, Unreal and Spritekit. Glauco has worked creating both mobile, desktop and Virtual Reality games for the main platforms currently in use, and has experience training both offline and online.
This course is co-authored by, and Pablo Farias Navarro, founder of ZENVA. Pablo is the author of +40 online courses in game, web and mobile app development, which have been taken by over 200,000 students from +200 countries. Pablo's main areas of work at the moment are Unity and Virtual Reality.
The source code and game assets are included in the course.