Docker is open source engine that can help you automate the deployment of applications inside software containers. It was released in March 2013 and has been gaining popularity ever since. It has over 100 million downloads, and over 75000 applications are running as dockerized applications – that is a LOT!
Apache Mesos is an open source cluster manager that provides efficient resource isolation and sharing across distributed applications or frameworks.
Mesosphere DC/OS is an enterprise grade datacenter-scale operating system, providing a single platform for running containers, big data, and distributed apps in production.
DC/OS is built on the Apache Mesos core and provides newer technology including the native container-orchestration, Marathon application platform, intuitive user interfaces and much much more.
Knowledge and experience about Docker, Apache Mesos and DC/OS could be very valuable for your career. The latest stats and figures show some amazing numbers like jobs requiring these skill sets pay higher than most of the jobs posted on public job boards within the US and annual salaries for professionals could be as high as $120,000. That is the exact reason why you must enroll in this course and take your career to the next level.
As the title suggests – this course aims to provide you enough knowledge about Docker, Apache Mesos, and DC/OS so that you can run and operate your own data center using these components together. But specifically:
- You will learn about containerization of apps, the plethora of benefits and leverages offered by containers and Docker.
- You will also be able to able to install and run your Docker instances and run your containerized apps on it.
- With the prospect of making software deployment faster and increase user reach, you will be able to employ DC/OS to manage your data centers better.
- You will learn about running your application and services within DC/OS in a load balanced manner.
- You will be able to install new services and packages to deploy complex applications within your DC/OS cluster
- You will learn about administrative tasks and operational utilities you can use to manage your DC/OS cluster.
- Using Docker, Apache Mesos & DCOS you will be able to make your business operations effective and efficient. These tools will result in optimized resource utilization, automated self-healing and scalability and ultimately real and tangible cost savings.
- With more effectiveness and efficiency, in turn, you will be able to muster depth, scalability, and expanse in your software/ App projects.